Finally a warm day so I was able to enjoy lunch outside for the first time this year. To start I had my newest most favouritest green smoothie. Its made with my current favorite variety of orange but you’d never guess from it’s colour. Not the most attractive of smoothie’s is it, despite the beautiful colour of the oranges I used!
I’m just loving these Moro blood oranges at the moment, so juicy and tart. Paired with a sweet Golden Delicious apple the flavours combined nicely into a sweet but still tart and sharp tasting smoothie.
- 2 Blood oranges, I used the Moro variety
- 1 Golden Delicious apple
- 4 oz / 113g lettuce,
- ¼ cup water or there about
- Ice to serve
- Remove orange peel and core the apple. If the apple is not organic you may want to remove the peel due ti the amounts of pesticides used in apple production.
- Wash the lettuce.
- Place the above int a high speed blender with a little water to get it going and blend until combined.
- Pour over ice into 2 glasses.
You could of course use other kinds of oranges and other varieties of apples but then you’d have to call it Pink Lady Navel or Valencia Gala or whatever. Just saying….